COVID-19: In keeping with the advice and recommendations regarding COVID-19 from Governor DeWine, Mahoning County Health Department, and the Ohio Department of Health. School districts should begin planning for the possibility of a school closure for an extended period of time. Parents should also begin planning for the potential that they may need to stay home with their children or find alternate child care solutions.
Effective immediately, our school district will be following the listed recommendations:
- All field trips are cancelled until further notice.
- Prepare for remote learning.
- Postponement of all indoor events (Fun Fair, Family Night), activities, student performances, meetings and mass gatherings open to the public until further notice
- Not permitted until further notice: athletic scrimmages, open gym, and weight room
- Track, baseball, and softball: practice as scheduled unless school is cancelled.
- NHS Induction Ceremony will be postponed if school is cancelled. If school is in session, only parents/guardians will be permitted in the building. We will videotape the ceremony and upload it to YouTube for extended family members to view.
There are no vaccines to prevent COVID-19. Implement the personal prevention protection methods used to prevent flu and other infectious diseases:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Also, clean high-touch areas – counters, tables, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, nightstands – every day using household cleaning spray or wipes according to label directions.
Ultimately, nobody knows how extensive this outbreak will be, or if/how our region will be affected so together, we will successfully navigate this matter. Information will continue to be shared with parents as this situation evolves.
We will contact those affected by cancellations directly. Additionally, we will be proactive in preparations just in case circumstances change, and IF we would need to evaluate further cancellations.
Clean buildings each evening with the addition of the use of an electrostatic disinfecting sprayer that covers all surfaces.
Spray and wipe down handrails on all buses three times per week
Monitoring of Mahoning County Health Department, Center for Disease Control, and other state and national organizations.
Once again, unless directed by local, state, or national public agencies to cancel; Normal operations, services, and activities, will proceed as scheduled.
| Ohio Dept of Health [COVID-19] | CoronaVirus Information | CoronaVirus Resources | Guidelines for Schools |