On Sunday, August 7, Sebring students, families, teachers, and community supporters joined in the Back to School Bash celebration at Sebring pool.
Students enjoyed an afternoon filled with swimming, food, games, prizes, and raffles as they reconnected with their friends and interacted with staff from the district. Both of the district’s new principals (Nicole Hanley for B.L. Miller and Brian Clark for McKinley) were among the staff and community volunteers helping orchestrate the event.
“Our community continues to amaze us with the support of our students and schools,” says Jill Dennis, who serves as the Family Engagement Coordinator for Sebring Local School District and the Success After 6 Coordinator for the United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley. “We are so grateful for the donations and volunteers for this event- not just in the fun celebration, but in the supplies and resources that students received to help get ready to return to the classroom.”
The United Way provided bookbags and supplies for B.L. Miller Elementary students at the event, as well as food vouchers for students in attendance. The local Dollar General also collected additional school supplies and donated a gift card. The P.I.E. (Partners in Education) sponsored a raffle of two gift cards for Shoe Sensation and two blanket raffles.
Partners who made the event possible include:
- B.L. Miller P.I.E.
- Dollar General
- Giant Eagle - Alliance
- Gionino's Pizza - Sebring
- Jamie Linville Cupcakes
- Kandy Woolf-Level-Up & Dino-mite Blankets
- Save-A-Lot - Mahoning Valley
- Sebring Local Schools - Paraprofessionals, teachers, staff
- Sebring Parks & Recreation
- Sebring Pool, staff, lifeguards
- Tammy Michele SweetTreats
- The Emily Waseman Foundation
- The Scarpitti Foundation
- United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley
- Volunteers - teachers, staff, family, and community members!