The CDC's website states "If you are not fully vaccinated and aged 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places." and, "If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission."
In light of the increase in the number of reported positive Covid cases in Sebring, masks will be mandatory for all staff, students, and visitors.
- Per the CDC requirement: masks are mandatory on school buses. This includes to and from school, while riding to and from a field trip, and while riding to and from athletic events.
School Start and Dismissal Times
- BL Elementary - Building opens at 8:00 a.m. / Tardy Bell at 8:10 a.m./ dismissal at 2:30 p.m.
- McKinley - Building opens at 7:30 a.m. / Tardy Bell at 7:40 a.m. / dismissal at 2:20 p.m., PLEASE NOTE, MCKINLEY'S TIMES ARE DIFFERENT THAN LAST YEAR.
Open House / New Student Orientation, Annual Title I Parent Meeting
The Annual Title I Parent meetings will cover the building plans, review of the federal programs received by the district, and how the program will be administered. Parent input will be sought.
- McKinley - Tuesday, August 17th at 6:00 p.m.
- BL Elementary - Wednesday, August 18th at 6:00 p.m.
- A water bottle will be provided to all students on the first day of school.
- Water bottle filling stations are available in both buildings.
- The water fountains are inoperable to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle to school every day.