You may request information on federal and state programs by contacting:
Director of State and Federal Programs - Toni Viscounte
Title III/ELL Coordinator - Toni Viscounte
Homeless and Foster Care Liaison - Toni Viscounte
Comments Sought on Federal Funds
Every year the Sebring Local School District receives funds from the federal government to provide various educational services. District administrators invite comments from the public regarding the services listed below. Please call or email the Superintendent/Director of State and Federal Programs at 330-938-6165 or 510 N. 14th St., Sebring, OH 44672
ESEA (Elementary and Secondary Education Act (No Child Left Behind PL 107-110) Programs:
The State & Federal Programs office is responsible for the planning, implementation and compliance monitoring of the following federal and state-funded programs and the locally funded English as a Second Language Program:
Title I-A Improving Basic Programs
- Schoolwide reform in high-poverty schools;
- School improvement plans;
- Professional development and technical assistance based on evidence-based instructional strategies; and
- Creation of challenging state standards requiring ALL students are taught by “highly qualified” teachers and paraprofessionals and impose strict consequences in an escalating pattern for schools who do not reach AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress).
Title II-A Supporting Effective Instruction
- Increase student achievement by elevating teacher and principal quality through recruitment, hiring and retention strategies.
Title III, English Acquisition, Language Development, and Academic Achievement
- provides monies to “assist school districts in teaching English to limited English proficient children and helping these students meet the same challenging standards required of all students.”
Title IV-A Student Support and Academic Enrichment / Activities to support Safe and Healthy Students
IDEA-B Special Education
- to provide special education and related services to children with disabilities, including that children with disabilities have access to a free appropriate public education (FAPE).
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Sebring Local Schools and State and Federal Programs does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies:
Toni Viscounte, Superintendent
510 N. 14th St.
Sebring, OH 44672